Friday, November 20, 2009

T. Rex - Life's a Gas

Another in the "where we came from" series. This is one of the less-often heard tracks from Electric Warrior, and one of my favourites; the song itself is gorgeous, and Marc Bolan's lyrics, while being as spacey as ever, also manage to convey in a surprisingly simple manner the world-weary resignation of unrequited love. At least that's the way I've always interpreted it. I see on the YouTube page that someone else has an alternate analysis but I refuse to entertain it because if that person is correct then the song means nothing to me. (This is why musicians should never ever ever explain what their lyrics are about... say the wrong thing, and you ruin the song for everyone who thought it was about something else.)

Anyway, here it is. Isn't it gorgeous?


No comments: