Friday, October 8, 2010

Tullycraft - Falling Out of Love (With You)

There are a few sort of classic indiepop bands that I'm just not really a big fan of. Tullycraft are one of them. My first problem with them is the vocals, which always rubbed me the wrong way. My second problem is that I think they were really just a lo-fi Weezer with a better record collection. So I just never really saw the attraction.

They did, however, do an absolutely lovely version of this Stephen Merritt tune, and for that they deserve unqualified praise. And a blog post.

2 comments:

Douglas said...

I have to disagree. Tullycraft are easily one of the most creative and I think it’s safe to say influential indie pop bands in the 20 years. Sure their vocals aren’t in the same arena with say Tracyanne Campbell but they have so many terrific songs. Most indie pop bands have a handful of good songs. Tullycraft have like 40! And what’s wrong with being a lo-fi Weezer with a better record collection?

Cinnamon Girl said...

Sure at the end of the day it's all a matter of opinion, isn't it? Thanks for your comment :)