Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yuck - The Base of a Dream is Empty

If you haven't already heard them, you're probably not very tempted so far. Yuck have a terrible name, and this song has a terrible title. But it (and they) are really very good, in an early-'90s-shoegaze-meets-US-indie-rock sort of way.

They're based in London but seem to hail from everywhere (I know how that works). Their self-titled debut album is due for release...today, actually. I just discovered that. Believe it or not it's a complete coincidence to my posting a song of theirs today. But it's a coincidental kind of day, like me turning down a road I hadn't meant to turn down this morning and finding a €50 note for my troubles.

Anyway, this was the b-side to their single "Georgia" of last year. Hope the whole album is this good.

ps. Change the name, guys.

No comments: