Thursday, June 30, 2011

McCarthy - Celestial City

Well it took a couple days and a number of not-very-pleasant phone exchanges with what passes for my ISP but I've finally got the home internet sorted...I think. If I disappear over the weekend, you'll know what happened.

Anyway, here's an unusually downbeat one from C86. But then McCarthy, as Revolutionary Communists, weren't exactly a cheerful lot. It's actually kind of surprising they were on C86 at all, in retrospect.

Malcolm Eden went on to Stereolab, who I always thought were kind of overrated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cinnamon Girl,
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
A trip back to 1986. I bought the tape 25 years ago, since long lost. This was my favourite track on the tape, and I have been looking for it everywhere. Hearing it today was a huge treat. THANK YOU!!!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

My absolute pleasure :) You can get the whole album here.