Friday, May 18, 2012

Big Country - Inwards

Not very fashionable I know, but I always had a sneaking regard for The Crossing, Big Country's 1983 debut album. Sure they were a bit bombastic and overwrought at times, but when you think of the bands they were usually lumped in with, they really didn't have any of the irritating self-righteousness of U2 or the, erm, general crapness of the Alarm. (Remember the Alarm? Giggle.)

I hadn't actually heard it for a good couple decades when I put it on again recently and I definitely think it had a lot more going for it than most of us gave it credit for. Some quite decent album tracks, like this one.

2 comments:

em. said...

Fantastic record. I think "The Storm" is the highlight of the LP, but I like it all.
I also really love The Wonderland EP and the Steeltown LP.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Good to know I'm not the only one! :)