Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Let's Wrestle - I Won't Lie to You

I hadn't been expecting much from Let's Wrestle two years ago when I saw them take the stage in a tiny club in London, sandwiched between a few other bands who I was initially more interested in, but I was very quickly overwhelmed by the charms of their youthful spirit, Wedding Present-ish guitars and completely bonkers lyrics. Haven't been quite as impressed by their recordings but to be honest, the standard they set at that gig was high enough to allow them a little room for slippage.

Besides, you've got to like a band that discovers its myspace URL is taken and comes up with this as an alternative.

Here's a 2007 single which also appeared on their debut album, last year's In the Court of the Wrestling Let's.

No comments: