Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Psychedelic Furs - Love My Way

Here's a real nostalgia one for all you '80s kids. Forever Now, their 1982 third album, was where the Furs really shed their punk and post-punk roots and settled firmly into that genre that was slowly ceasing to be "new wave" but never really found another name that everyone could agree on. It was the Britpop of the '80s, I suppose.

Having said that, this particular song was as new wave as anything they ever did. And oh how I loved it! I had the 7" and it skipped right at the start of the chorus after the second verse and to this day, every time I hear the song I still subconsciously expect it to skip at that point. Which is how you know you really loved a record. Even today I'm still awed by what a great tune this was. One of the best singles of the era, definitely.

No comments: