Friday, October 28, 2011

My Bloody Valentine - I Believe

B-side to "Feed Me With Your Kiss". I'll say that again: this was a b-side. I still can't quite wrap my head around that. You could take the best bits from the best a-sides of 95% of the records that have ever existed, and make the best a-side you could possibly make from them, and it still wouldn't be fit to wipe the dust off this song. Which was a b-side.

OK, maybe I'm exaggerating just a little bit. But, seriously... can you believe this was only a b-side? I can't.

From 1988.

2 comments:

em. said...

Ha! No disagreement here.

I wanted to say the same of "Drive It All Over Me" (from "You Made Me Realise") and "Off Your Face" (from "Glider"), but then I realized that those weren't proper b-sides. Just/only/merely magnificent songs from magnificent eps.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I'd go for "Don't Ask Why" rather than "Off Your Face", but it certainly is amazing how MBV managed to write so many songs that could have been proper a-sides but weren't.