Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thomas Dolby - One of Our Submarines

Thomas Dolby has released some horrific material in his time (see: "Hyperactive") but The Golden Age of Wireless would be a guilty pleasure of mine were it not for the fact that I refuse to feel guilty about any of my listening habits. Admittedly some of it is a little too ploink ploink for my tastes, but this particular track would be lovely on any instrument and is no less so just because it's all synthy.

Apparently he wrote it about his uncle, who drowned in a submarine during World War 2.



2 comments:

em. said...

Definitely the stand-out track from that LP!

(also just wanted to say that I like what you're doing, here. I check-in regularly to see what you've posted.
I stumbled upon your blog while doing a search for an old The Three O'Clock video, a few weeks back)

Keep-on!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Thanks EM - my StatCounter tells me a lot of my regular readers find the blog that way, but few of them ever say hello :)