Monday, July 20, 2009

The Devlins - There is a Light

Here's another Irish band. I feel bad that I haven't posted enough of them.

The Devlins are local Dublin boys, and have been around forever, though they don't have a huge discography to show for it. They've never received much acclaim outside this country though I think there was a bit of a buzz around them in America after their debut back in 1993. Just a bit. Colin was ridiculously gorgeous back then too, he spoke to me once and I'm still embarrassed remembering my tongue-tied reaction!

The Devlins fit in quite well with that Damien Rice/Frames genre which seems to have taken off more overseas lately, especially since the success of the film Once (which, if you haven't seen, you really should).

This is a lovely track from their third album, Consent.

No comments: