Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pavement - In The Mouth A Desert

Like everyone else in the universe with taste, I loved Pavement's first album when it came out but lately I'd been having some doubts about it. I suppose because I hadn't actually listened to it as an album in some time and generally only heard the songs that came up on my iPod. And because I have not a proper iPod but a cheap shitty knockoff (I won't give the company more publicity by telling you their name) it doesn't shuffle properly so it was the same Pavement songs that kept coming up again and again. And almost inevitably it was the least interesting songs on the album, like "Zurich Is Stained" and "Conduit For Sale". So I was starting to think, eh, maybe that album wasn't so good after all.

But then I sat and listened to it the whole way through again and my faith was restored. OK, so it has a few boring tracks. So do most records. The good stuff is still really, really, really fucking good. And there's a lot of good stuff on it.

On another day I might have posted "Summer Babe" or "Perfume-V" here instead but today I think I'll go with this one.

No comments: