Monday, January 18, 2010

Altered Images - See Those Eyes

It is a little known fact about Sarah Records that every male in a band signed to that label was in love with Clare Grogan as a boy. The straight ones anyway. How do I know this? Well, I don't really, but it's true about every straight male I knew who listened to the bands on Sarah Records, so it's probably safe to assume. It's not hard to understand why, anyway.

They were never a great "album" band; too inconsistent over a full length and too often biting off more than they could chew. It's their Greatest Hits album I listen to the most, and even then there are a few tracks that I usually skip over. Generally, I think those from their second album Pinky Blue have best stood the test of time. Here's the prime example.

No comments: