Friday, February 26, 2010

The Colourfield - The Colourfield

I've posted before about my Terry Hall fixation, and it's a good thing he's had such a long and varied career that I can keep posting stuff he's done in his different incarnations without looking like I'm repeating myself.

The Colourfield marked a fairly dramatic departure from his previous output. You can see the transition from the first FB3 album to Waiting to this, of course, but it's still a much larger leap than FB3 were from the Specials. I was pretty young when it came out but even I remember being surprised by it.

This, their first single, has a sort of early Bunnymen feel to it; there's little on the rest of their debut album (Virgins and Philistines) that's quite as strong, but as a snapshot of the mid-1980s version of Britpop it'll do.


No comments: