Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Peggy Sue and the Pirates - Spare Parts

You know when you go to a gig to see the headliner and end up being blown away by one of the opening acts, who you'd never even heard of before? That's how I discovered Peggy Sue and the Pirates a couple years ago. I didn't even know there was another opening band, and then these two young women got onstage and started playing these deliciously subversive songs on acoustic guitars while singing in perfect harmony with their gorgeous and very powerful voices. I was actually stunned by them. And I don't stun all that easily. Any more.

They've since swapped the "Pirates" for a drummer, and are recording their debut album, which I anxiously await.

This video was taken from a live performance in Exeter in 2007. Sound quality's not the greatest, but the song is deadly. And those voices!

No comments: