Monday, February 8, 2010

New Order - Leave Me Alone

Here's another one that shows off what to me was early New Order's finest quality - the astonishing subtlety to their songs, which enables you to hear something new in them even after you've heard them a thousand times and over many years - or I suppose at this point you have to say decades. I mean I don't know how many times I've listened to Power Corruption and Lies since it was released but only relatively recently did this one jump out at me as the perfect track. It's so beautifully understated, I guess it just took me a while to really notice it. Now I wonder how did I ever not realise how exquisite it is.

It also has some of the saddest lyrics they've ever written, and, well this is New Order after all... so that's saying a lot.

A perfect song to just close your eyes and listen.

No comments: