Thursday, April 16, 2009

Game Theory - The Red Baron

Like Felt, Game Theory put out a ton of material in the 1980s of vastly uneven quality, but in their best moments they produced some of the catchiest California pop you'll ever hear. Although I've seen them described as "influential", I'm not really sure on whom because I think in my life I've met maybe three or four people who actually owned anything by them. They had only one song that could vaguely be called a hit - "Erica's Word", which I at least heard on the radio a few times on its release. I might post that later, because it's really good.

But for now, here's an early track which marvelously showcases what Scott Miller often referred to as his "miserable whine", and what I used to think were the sweetest most romantic lyrics ever. When I was 15, mind.

No comments: