Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Heavenly - Lemonhead Boy

There are some things in life you anticipate so eagerly that the moment they finally transpire is etched into your brain forever. For me, Heavenly's debut album was one of those things - I can remember as clear as a bell when this landed on my desk (God, I miss that job) and my whoop of excitement the instant I realised what it was.

It would have been one of the all-time letdowns of my life if it had failed to live up to the standards they had set as Talullah Gosh but, fortunately, it didn't. There are twee pleasures galore on Heavenly vs Satan (also one of my favourite album titles ever, as it happens) and I really could have posted just about any of its tracks. But this is the one that just edges it for me. Three and a half minutes of pure and utter indiepop perfection...what more could you want?

No comments: