Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lush - Sweetness and Light

Here's an absolutely gorgeous early Lush track. I've always loved this song, but it took on an even greater significance for me several years ago, quite by accident. I was visiting Istanbul, and taking a commuter ferry across the Bosphorus on a warm sunny autumn day; I'd been having a great break, and was excited about being about to set foot in Asia for the first time, and absolutely loving the scenery and the weather and the whole newness of it all... and suddenly my iPod shuffle landed on this song, which I love soooo much, and I was just so content with everything in the universe at that moment, I honestly thought I might explode from sheer silly happiness. Er... maybe you had to be there.

Anyway, isn't this a gorgeous track?

No comments: