Sunday, May 24, 2009

Big Heifer - Flowers in our Hair

Here's one from the soundtrack of a mid-1990s film called Half-Cocked - a fictionalised piece about an indie band on tour, although not quite as Spinal Tap as that sounds. I don't remember it too well; I think it was one of those films that was cool at the time because of all the indie rock stars in it. But not exactly Cannes Film Festival material.

I know nothing whatsoever about Big Heifer, apart from this song, which I think is the best thing on the album.


2 comments:

robby said...

Wow, reading your comments made my night! I am Robby Nichols and I wrote this song. I played guitar in Big Heifer. I can send you more music if you'd like to hear it. You can reach me at robynichols (at) gmail. Thanks for sharing your opinions. I feel like I've perused your record collection after reading your blog, and I think we survived the 90s listening to same great music.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Hi Robby, thanks for your comment! It's always nice when the actual artists drop by. You'd be surprised how many people have found my blog searching for Big Heifer. Not, like, dozens or anything but probably more than you'd guess.

Would love to hear more, the email's on my profile page :)