Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blur - Mace

Looking at my CD collection now I'm kind of amazed at how many Blur singles I have. I mean, I'm not a CD singles collector generally - for some reason, I just don't really like them, which is odd because I used to love collecting 7"s. Maybe it's because I used to love collecting 7"s and I just find CD singles a really inferior substitute. Not for any rational reason that I can think of - I'm not one of these vinyl fetishists generally; I'm quite happy not having my music skip all over the place when I'm listening to it and if I had as many LPs as I have CDs I'd need a much bigger house. But still, I'd buy a 7" over a CD single any time. And I don't buy many CD singles at all, even if there's no 7" available, and never have. Yet for some reason I have just about every CD single Blur released in the mid 1990s. What was I thinking?

I did like Blur, though, and still do. And some of their B-sides were quite good, such as this one, from "Popscene".

No comments: